Sunday, October 9, 2011

Calle Cáceres 17


There are words that were dropped from my vocabulary more than 20 years ago, words of my childhood, words of a foreign language. In a big and old house with golden thick walls and dozens of secret doors -- in my current temporary residency, some of these words have returned to my everyday use.

Прочный - For me this word means home and according to the dictionary I was surprised to find out that for this one word there are so many translations - strong, lasting, durable, solid, firm, rugged, stable, enduring, resistant, sound, tough, secure, reliable, substantial, hardwearing, stout, fast, steady, abiding, everlasting, endurable, staunch, steadfast, tenable, rooted, serviceable, indissoluble
And also подоконникWindowsill and Засов - bolt, ставни - shatters