Monday, September 9, 2013

Order of Silence




Editorial for Einayim magazine for their "Mirage" issue. I was lucky enough to illustrate a beautiful text written in the late Fifties by Abraham b Joshua which was never been published. 
It didn't feel directly related to mirage theme since it really is dealing with issues of loneliness in a sense of truly understanding and knowing yourself (my very flat, one sentence interpretation). 
I stumbled upon a quote from a Lonesome Traveler, by Jack Kerouac that almost seems like Continuity to the same idea and it followed me in the remote villages of Georgia.

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength." 

The not so child-like illustrations were quite a challenge since I was attempting to minimize as possible the very detailed text. At that point I was fascinated by the search for the essentials in an image.