Sunday, September 8, 2013

Zitat


It's been I while since my last post. I was busy with my new shop and work and then had a very long vacation and now working again. In the next week I'll try to update you with some of the glimpses from my recent life.

Here is a spot illustration for a parenting German magazine ELTERN. I was asked to illustrate a quotation of Wilhelm Buschtranslated "An uncle who brings something, is better than an aunt who plays the piano".
Since I wasn't familiar with the quote which felt very "culture related" I was afraid that there is something that I'm missing.  Soon it turned out that there is not much room for interpretation and as always the sketches were made, the illustration was chosen, the magazine was printed. From the left- the chosen illustration, right- the version I prefer.